If you have received a text or letter from NHS Coronavirus Service identifying you as someone who is at risk of severe illness if you catch Coronavirus:
If you have not received a text or letter from NHS Coronavirus Service identifying you as someone who is at risk of severe illness if you catch Coronavirus:
- Read more advice about staying safe at home here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable-guidance
- You may receive a text or letter from the Surgery over the next week as we are being asked to identify vulnerable patients
- Please do not contact the surgery to find out if you are vulnerable but if you have a medical concern, phone and book a telephone assessment as you would normally, or sign up for our new online consultations here https://app.doctorlink.com/register
If you have asthma and have heard you need to obtain an asthma rescue pack:
Latest health guidance regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19).
If anyone (including children) develop a high temperature - they feel hot to touch on their chest or back or a continuous cough - this means they've started coughing repeatedly, they and all members of their household should self isolate for 14 days from the day the first person got symptoms, i.e. not leave the house. EVEN IF THE SYMPTOMS ARE VERY MILD and wouldn’t normally stop you or your child carrying on as normal.
People should use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/ if:
- they feel they cannot cope with their symptoms at home
- their condition gets worse
- their symptoms do not get better after 7 days
Your GP cannot test for COVID-19.
We have taken the decision to move most of our appointments to telephone assessment during this 'delay' phase of the COVID-19 crisis.
a) You may receive a text or call telling you your face to face appointment has been changed to a telephone assessment
b) We have telephone assessments available to book online
c) if a Clinician feels a patient needs a face to face assessment after telephone consultation then they will be asked to come in
d) For patients attending for nurse procedure appointments and blood tests, do not attend if you have possible symptoms of COVID-19 or you will be told to return home and self-isolate.
e) You will be asked on attending to confirm that you do not have any of the above symptoms and if you do you will not be seen.
f) Patients who do not disclose symptoms or are dishonest in this screening process will be removed from the Practice list - this is the only way we can protect our staff and other patients who may be in the waiting area.
We have now suspended non-essential services such as ear syringing, NHS health checks, travel vaccines etc. You will receive a text/phone call or letter if you are affected.
We will continue to have processes to ensure childhood immunisation and other essential care continues.
If you are seen at the surgery your Clinician may need to wear gloves, gown and mask so do not be alarmed.
HOW CAN YOU HELP KEEP GP PRACTICES OPEN?
1. Do not attend the practice if you have a fever, cough, or if you have a new episode of chestiness, wheeziness, shortness of breath, nasal discharge or congestion, sneezing etc. Or have been in contact with someone with COVID 19 or travelled to a high risk country even if you had a prior appointment booked for another reason.
2. If you are told to come to the surgery for an assessment listen carefully to instructions. You may be asked to wait in your car until the Clinician calls you in/to wait in a different area. This is to protect you and other patients.
3. DO NOT attend your gp surgery for any reason unless you have been advised to.
4. Register for the NHS app or myGP to able to book telephone consultations and check test results and your notes in the near future.
5. Do not call the GP surgery unless you need to. Surgery phone lines are facing high demand. Please use the online 111 tools to try to self manage first.
6. Register for electronic prescribing and inform your pharmacy that you wish to nominate them. You can then request prescriptions online avoiding the need to come into surgery.
If you are a dispensing patient do not nominate a pharmacy but please sign up for online repeat requests if you have not done so already and your requests will come through directly to the dispensary. If you are unwell, please send somebody else who is well to collect scripts and/or dispensed medication from the Surgery. Please let us know if you are self-isolating, live alone and are having difficulty attending the surgery to collect your dispensed medication. We will do what we can to help.
Your GP practice needs your help to ensure that they can protect patients and staff and to stay open at this difficult time.
Please remember that if you are unwell for other reasons eg chest pain / found a breast lump / other significant illnesses you should still ask for help!
This may be a worrying time and some may find they are struggling with their mental health. Please visit:
For the links to how to self refer for psychological therapies- these can be done online and over the phone too.
Lastly please look out for your vulnerable neighbours, family and friends. Please if you know you have a housebound neighbour, check they have enough food and can collect their medicines.
For most COVID 19 will be a mild illness. The purpose of trying to reduce the rate that people catch it by isolating those affected is to try to keep the NHS running to be able to care for those who are very sick.
Message from our hospital colleagues:
1. DO NOT attend the Emergency Department unless it is an emergency. They were struggling with workload before COVID-19! But conversely if you have a genuine emergency like chest pain that persists or symptoms of a stroke (FAST) DO NOT DELAY. Call 999.
2. Please do not attend hospitals for visits or appointments or attend care homes if you have even the mildest symptoms of a fever/cough (therefore should be self isolating for 7days) OR have been in contact with someone with COVID 19 in the last 14 days OR travelled in the last 14 days
If you want your health carers to be there when you need us we need your protection!