The annual Infection Prevention and Control [IPC] statement details the risk assessments undertaken and subsequent recommendations regarding IPC. In addition, the statement also details IPC-related Significant Events and audits completed.
The Health and Social Care Act 2008 - Code of Practice on the prevention and control of infections and related guidance (Appendix D) states that the IPC Lead is to prepare an annual statement, “for anyone who wishes to see it, including patients and regulatory authorities”.
This short review includes the following:
- Known infection transmission event and actions arising from this
- Audits undertaken and subsequent actions
- Risk assessments undertaken for the prevention and control of infection
- Education and training received by staff
- Review and update of policies, procedures and guidance
In addition to this, it will include any actions relating to any significant event that has occurred during the reporting period.
 The Health and Social Care Act 2008 - Code of Practice on the prevention and control of infections and related guidance [EXTERNAL PDF]